Get Prepared ~ Facing Food Allergy Fears
By Danielle Copeman
In stressful situations many people can loose their focus, myself included. My all-time biggest fear as an allergy parent is not being prepared to handle an allergic reaction to an egg exposure. It is something that worries me ALL the time. So, each day I make sure we have what is needed to help protect our daughter. We never leave home without a fully stocked allergy prep kit. And it is ready to hand off to anyone watching her at any time.
Here is what we stock:
1. Clear makeup bag: A good bag to store everything is a must. I like it to be clear so that we can easily see what we have on the go.
2. Allergy medication, liquid and solid: Allergy medication in both forms for minor to major reactions.
3. Two Epi-pens, in case 2 doses are needed: A double supply of epinephrine (Epi-pens).
4. Allergy Doctor contact info and medical card: Contact information for our allergy doctor and her medical record card.
5. An emergency treatment plan: A written emergency plan for myself and others who may take care of her.
6. Happy makers: Happy makers to help ease what could be a scary and stressful situation for my girl. Organic and allergy friendly lollies, and happy face stickers.
7. Allergy awareness stickers: And our favorite allergy alert stickers.
When I am prepared, I know that I can give my girl the security and confidence she needs to go about her day as a regular little girl. What would/do you stock?
Photo credit: Danielle Copeman